Wyoming
Grace and I are in Wyoming visiting my parents. My grandparents are here as well. I went to high school here in this small town (population 5,373) so returning to this house is difficult: full of nostalgia, anxiety, discomfort mixed in with a small amount of peace. My high school years here were at best turbulent and this house and this place embody all of that excrutiating time. It is a back-up of the memory's septic tank as PJ O'Rourke would say. As we toured the town yesterday (it took 20 minutes), my grandfather remarked that my town is sure growing. I quickly corrected him that this is NOT my town. I grew up in Florida and only spent 4 years here. We are headed up today to the mountains to have a picnic. It is a 2.5 hour drive each way to see a place only slightly more pretty than where we are now. Grace is having a great time. So many adults to dote on her and so many new things to see. She is a great traveler.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home