My dream weekend
This weekend, Steve took over complete care of Grace and I got to do whatever I wanted. On Friday night, we saw "Thank You for Smoking" which was a somewhat clever movie version of the book by the same name. Saturday, I worked and cleaned house and generally puttered. I know, not exactly "a dream" but it was nice to not have the P underfoot. Saturday night we were supposed to host a sleepover with two of Grace's friends. But about 8:30 both girls bailed out and Grace ended up sleeping in our bed. She was so sad her friends left. But they are young yet and it was fun while it lasted.
Sunday, Ellen and I drove up the coast in the Mustang to pretend we were 16 again. It was a gorgeous day. We had lunch at Sarah's Cafe and shopped at Big Al's. I loaded up on more stuff I don't need. But to quote Dad, "If you don't need, buy it on sale."
Ellen had never driven a convertible before. I was horrified. That's like telling me you have never tasted chocolate, or learned how to read or experienced the magic of TiVo or any of the other wonderful things that make up life's special moments. We remedied that. Then because I am actually not 16, I came home and took a delightful nap.
During my day of bliss, Steve took Grace to see "Thumbelina." She even touched the frog's tongue. She
was very proud of herself for doing that. Photos are below. 
Sunday, Ellen and I drove up the coast in the Mustang to pretend we were 16 again. It was a gorgeous day. We had lunch at Sarah's Cafe and shopped at Big Al's. I loaded up on more stuff I don't need. But to quote Dad, "If you don't need, buy it on sale."
Ellen had never driven a convertible before. I was horrified. That's like telling me you have never tasted chocolate, or learned how to read or experienced the magic of TiVo or any of the other wonderful things that make up life's special moments. We remedied that. Then because I am actually not 16, I came home and took a delightful nap.
During my day of bliss, Steve took Grace to see "Thumbelina." She even touched the frog's tongue. She
was very proud of herself for doing that. Photos are below. 

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home