The Lechner Family

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Grace practices theology

Today we were driving in the car and Grace was complaining about her loose tooth. She desperately wants to lose a tooth to enter the world of kids with gaps in their mouths. This is apparently some rite of passage among 5 year olds and an endless topic of conversation. I was commiserating with her and said "Yes, waiting is hard."

She proceeded to inform me of the following facts in the most serious of tones:

I am not the owner of God, God is the owner of me.

Did I know that God was Jesus' father but he did not die on the cross like Jesus? He (God) never did die at all. He was Jesus' father. God's father didn't die either. Just Jesus.

I acknowledged all of the above and we moved on with our conversation. I would like to think that my benign comment about waiting sparked deep theological thoughts within her genius brain. But more likely, she suffers from ADD like her mother and can't stick to the subject at hand.

Also, I didn't know how to respond to the part about God's father. I just let that one go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home