The Lechner Family

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

To us! 10 Years! More exclamation points!

I do want to take a moment to thank my wonderfullest husband for putting up with me for lo these many years. 10 years is a LONG time to own a sweater much less be in a partnership with the same person. I love that I still think you are funny and you still think I am interesting. Maybe that's our glue. I also love that we approach everything as a team--perhaps that's because you are a coach, although I am not particularly "coachable." Nevertheless, my accomplishments are your accomplishments, your successes are my successes and the extremely rare failures are ours to share as well.

Stealing a page from the great Harry S. Truman, I chronicled our achievements below.

February 17, 1995-the fateful meeting of one Steven E. B. Lechner and one Jennifer Jeanne Moeller.
June 1995-we move to Des Moines and I start Law School.
May 1996-we get MARRIED!
September 1996-you start Law School
July 1997-we move to Maine
December 1997-I graduate from Law School
July 1998-I pass the bar
November 1998-I get my first real job!
May 1999-You graduate from Law School (Summa! Summa! Summa!)
July 1999-You pass the bar and get your first real lawyer job.
2000-The year of Verrill Dana (no ampersand please)
April 2001-the birth of Gracie P.
2002-The first year of Gracie P., I work from home
2003-we build the house, you move to Troubh Heisler
2004 -You are named Head Coach at Freeport High School
2005-You open Lechner Law Office, LLC.
2006-We celebrate 10 years!

I look forward to many more milestones, both the good and the bad. In the words of Alan Jackson:

Has it been ten years since we said I do
I've always heard marriage made one seem like two
But you're lookin' better than you did back then
You still make this old heart give in

And if I had it to do all over
I'd do it all over again
If tomorrow I found one more chance to begin
I'd love you all over again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home