The Lechner Family

Monday, February 06, 2006

A Sad Super Bowl

As everyone now knows, the Seahawks lost. Lek took the news rather badly, as I expected. He went into work at 11 p.m. and came home at 7 this morning. I think it will just take some time for him to get over it.

In other news, we watched "Grizzly Man" on the Discovery Channel on Saturday night. I loved the film, though it was most disturbing. Timothy Treadwell was not quite right but was fascinating to watch. The movie raised interesting questions about animal conservation and poaching. It's not at all gory. I recommend it.

Ellen came over Saturday for dinner and we made pizza with dough from Trader Joe's. I have decided that I need to drive to Boston once a month for a Trader Joe's fix. We all played Tock-Lek won the first and Ellen won the second game. I had Grace on my lap for most of the games so I claimed her as a handicap. It's pretty sad I can't win a game of skill (Tock) or chance (Candyland).

I helped chaperone Grace's French School class at Wilbur's Chocolate Factory in Freeport this morning. We had a very interesting tour of the facility. I loved watching them make chocolate covered cherries. The kids had a great time. Tom, the owner, would stop and ask the kids if they had any questions. The only question was "When do we get to eat the chocolate?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home