The Lechner Family

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The latest gadget

Ok. Deep breath. I got a bluetooth headset. There, I said it.

I have become one of those people with the blinking blue light who have an alien part sticking out of their ears. I know there are scores of you who are disappointed with me but I have an excuse. My children do not allow me to talk on the phone. They can be happily entertaining themselves until the phone rings and they sense I am going to take the call. Then, they are drawn to me like a magnetic force and I must meet their needs RIGHT NOW. I don't know what this is. It's not good though. I think I can preempt this by setting them up with a movie or some other distraction but it does not work. So, I figured I could hide the bluetooth under my hair and they wouldn't know I am on the phone. Clever, huh? I am a thinker.

I have divulged this latest guilty purchase to only a few people but the response has been the same. I am asked two questions.

1. Will you answer your phone now?

2. Will you turn into your mother?

The short answer is no to both questions. I will not answer my phone because I cannot see the caller id when I am wearing the bluetooth. I like to return calls on my schedule not just take them as they come in. Unless I am desperate for adult conversation and then I will even take calls from the Republican National Committee as I did earlier today.

Also, I am already turning into my mother but I will resist wearing the bluetooth at all times. There is not a phone call Mom won't take at any time. My Mom will be in mid-conversation with me and all of sudden she's answering a call. I have no idea she's not talking to me and I ramble on and on. Direct me to the nearest 12-step program if I exhibit any warning signs of bluetooth addiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home