Conversations with a six-year-old
We are in the car, listening to my MP3 player.
Grace: Who are we listening to? Because I will only listen to this guy if it's Hannah Montana's father.
Me: Ok, It's Hannah Montana's father.
Grace: Mommy, tell me the truth or I will never be able to trust you again.
Me: Ok, fine. It's not Hannah Montana's father. It's a man named Bruce Springsteen.
Grace: Well, his talent might be something else but it's not singing.
Grace: Who are we listening to? Because I will only listen to this guy if it's Hannah Montana's father.
Me: Ok, It's Hannah Montana's father.
Grace: Mommy, tell me the truth or I will never be able to trust you again.
Me: Ok, fine. It's not Hannah Montana's father. It's a man named Bruce Springsteen.
Grace: Well, his talent might be something else but it's not singing.

1 Comments:
OH!
Words fail me.
By
Ellen Clair Lamb, At
8:12 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home