Disney


By a wonderful confluence of events, we went to Florida last week with my parents and Karen and Eliza. I am not ashamed to say that I love Disney. My grandmother lived close to Orlando when I was growing up and we went to the park (there was only one then) with some frequency. Steve and I honeymooned at Disney and I am thrilled that I have two kids who love Disney too so I don't look like a complete adult geek wearing Mickey ears. The kids are my cover.
We also went to Sea World which was equally wonderful. The weather was great, the crowds were minimal and the Shamu show did not disappoint, unless you were looking for a trainer to be mauled.
For the first time, we went to Disney's Animal Kingdom and I hate to say that I was disappointed. It was not a full Disney effort. There were few rides and the park was poorly
designed. We won't go back.The Magic Kingdom did not disappoint. Grace went on Space Mountain for the first time and LOVED it. I thought Abe wouldn't get much out of the experience but he was thrilled by every bit of it and there is no charge for kids under three (like the tobacco companies, Disney hooks them early).
We came home to bitter cold and snow. I am already looking for cheap flights to warmer climes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home