Catching Up



I know that I haven't been very good about keeping up with this blog. I just haven't gotten around to it. That's pretty much the excuse I use for everything including why I just sent out Abera's adoption announcements, why I still have Halloween candy on my dining room table and why I haven't shopped for Thanksgiving dinner which is apparently next week. "I haven't gotten around to it" is usually followed by "I am working on it." I am satisfied if I can remember to pack Grace's show and tell item in her backpack and the laundry is mostly done. Everything else is extra and may or may not happen eventually. I can meet these low expectations of myself.
Abe continues to grow both up and out-mostly out. A parent at gymnastics called him a "chunk" this week and my heart swelled with pride. He is sort of crawling/walking and is a bit of a screamer. I just can't stand all day holding him while he pushes the buttons on the TV set. He is really bothered by my insensitivity to his developmental needs and lets me know by screaming at the top of his lungs.
Grace had a wonderful Halloween-she was Jasmine. We went trick or treating in two neighborhoods with her friend Eliza. She came home that night and counted her spoils. I put them in the dining room so Abe wouldn't get them and there they still sit. She hasn't touched them again.
Grace got a fabulous report card from her beloved kindergarten teacher Mrs. Graviett. She loves her school, gymnastics, Disney princesses and the color blue or is it vermillion this week? It's hard to keep up; I'm working on it.

1 Comments:
Hey there! I know that you are completely shocked that Sue Fuller is actually checking out the blog. Believe it or not, it is actually the only way that I can keep up with the Lechners.
I hope this finds you well. We LOVED getting Abera's announcement. It made me both happy and sad. Happy that Abera has such wonderful parents and a loving sister and sad that we are not there to enjoy him.
Speaking of another sad...Thanksgiving will not be the same without the Lechner's this year. After 5 years of Turkey Dinner at the Lechner's I am very sad that we will not have this great experience (you still better make the noodles for me)!
Things are crazy for us as well. I was laughing at your "Halloween" candy sitting at the table. The reason I was laughing is that we are 1/3 Halloween, 1/3 Thanksgiving and 1/3 Xmas (yes already...don't ask)!
Work is going well...but big changes are always happening. I received a promotion and now am overseeing all of Young Men's and Boy's. My boss - who I absolutely LOVED received a huge job offer from Wal Mart and left the company. I was devistated. He calls often to tell me how great Arkansas is...but I keep telling him I do not consider it a part of the US and NO! I am not moving there.
Greg's job is going very well...crazy as ever. Michael and Andrew are growing up. Michael is in 4K and absolutely loves it. Andrew is running round and talking like crazy.
Thanks for update. We miss you guys and think of you often.
Big Kisses!
The Fullers
By
Anonymous, At
12:50 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home