Working from home
Many events have occurred to get me thinking about my current employment situation and working from home. There was an ad for an Executive Director's position in the paper today that seemed interesting. We had a great dinner with our friends the Bragdons and Ellen on Friday. We all work from home (except Steve). I had dinner with my friend Lauren on Wednesday-she works from home.
I know this isn't a representative sample, but without exception, we all LOVE our jobs. We are happy. We seem to have stumbled upon (at least in my case) the perfect mix of flexibility and responsibility. I love the groups I work for and I love working from home. There are so many positives, I can't imagine getting a "real" job where I have to go to an office every day. Working from home isn't for everyone, I suppose. I am always "on call" for my members but I also set my own deadlines and am able to work on projects when I want to. The only downside for us has been finding affordable health insurance. But that is rant for another day.
Ellen blogged about this topic today. (I didn't mean to be a copycat) Check out her comments.
I know this isn't a representative sample, but without exception, we all LOVE our jobs. We are happy. We seem to have stumbled upon (at least in my case) the perfect mix of flexibility and responsibility. I love the groups I work for and I love working from home. There are so many positives, I can't imagine getting a "real" job where I have to go to an office every day. Working from home isn't for everyone, I suppose. I am always "on call" for my members but I also set my own deadlines and am able to work on projects when I want to. The only downside for us has been finding affordable health insurance. But that is rant for another day.
Ellen blogged about this topic today. (I didn't mean to be a copycat) Check out her comments.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home