The Lechner Family

Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy Birthday to Grace

Dear Grace,

Today at 4:21 p.m. you officially turn 6 years old. This past year has brought so many changes to your life, most notably a new brother. Daddy and I are so impressed with how well you have handled the upheaval of a new sibling. Your relationship with Abe is exactly how I had hoped it would be-loving, playful and at times a little contentious.

You also started full-day kindergarten this year. You now march off to school, independent and happy to go. You have made wonderful new friends and are far more outgoing and willing to try new things than you were last year. Perhaps the greatest development is that you can READ! Daddy and I both love to read and we are thrilled that you seem as enthusiastic about it as we are.

This year you became proficient at sports. You have always been active and on the go but you have mastered the skills of swimming, ice skating and skiing. I was amazed to see you bomb the mountain this year, with no fear, laughing and singing "I fell into a burning ring of fire." You always wanted to race me downhill and usually beat me.

Today as we celebrate with friends and family, know that Daddy, Abie and I are so blessed that you are part of our family. May you have the happiest of birthdays.

Love, Mommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home