The Lechner Family

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Snow!?!

This morning we woke up to over a foot of wet, heavy snow. We also woke up to no power so I am at my parents' condo typing this. I do have some appreciation of the beauty of the snow-covered trees but mostly I am completely disgusted with the weather. Grace's school is cancelled today and I suppose the Sea Dogs won't have their home opener. Dad got the all-wheel drive Subaru stuck. I have to keep reminding myself that even in Antartica spring comes eventually.

We arrived home Tuesday from Stefanie's wedding in Montana where a few days prior we experienced the same storm-how lucky can we get? Stefanie's wedding was lovely. The reception went smoothly and she and Mike were whisked away in a helicopter, just in case the day wasn't dramatic enough. It was wonderful catching up with family not seen for too long.

Tomorrow, Grace has a half-day of school so to celebrate her birthday we are going to see a movie and then to dinner with some friends. Her "real" party is next weekend at Snip-Its.

I will post some photos of the snow once we regain power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home