The Week that Was . . .
My Mom uses that phrase to describe a time period that was particularly hectic and stressful. I don't know where it comes from. But we have had a week that was.
I was gently chided yesterday by my only faithful reader to update this site more often. I complained that we had been soooo busy this week, I just hadn't had time. She replied that it's precisely because we had many big events happen this week that I should record them. (No, no referral)
We celebrated Anna's birthday on Wednesday with a lovely dinner with the girls. Happy belated birthday Anna. I am green with envy about the gifts Tarren got you!
On Saturday, Steve moved into a new office on South Street in Freeport. He opened his practice just over a year ago and is expanding with the hiring of two law clerks and a secretary. He needed more room and found this really great space with high ceilings, lots of windows, wide pine floors and much more usable space than his old office.
Also, on Saturday we hosted Grace's birthday party at the Hampton Inn in Freeport. She wanted a pool party for this birthday which broke the streak of My Gym birthdays. She had a great time with all of her friends (about 15 kids).
Then Sunday, we went to the 10 a.m. Easter service at our church. (I couldn't think about getting up for the sunrise or 8:00 a.m. service). Mom, Dad, Rose, Ellen and Mary and Jerry Maschino joined us for Easter dinner. We had lamb and a roast, green bean casserole, glazed carrots, mashed potatoes, asparagus, wild rice casserole, rolls from MacDonald's bakery, whoopie pies from Isamax, and a bunny cake that Mom and Gracie P made. We had such a lovely dinner and great conversations with our friends.
WHEW! I am exhausted with just the retelling.
I was gently chided yesterday by my only faithful reader to update this site more often. I complained that we had been soooo busy this week, I just hadn't had time. She replied that it's precisely because we had many big events happen this week that I should record them. (No, no referral)
We celebrated Anna's birthday on Wednesday with a lovely dinner with the girls. Happy belated birthday Anna. I am green with envy about the gifts Tarren got you!
On Saturday, Steve moved into a new office on South Street in Freeport. He opened his practice just over a year ago and is expanding with the hiring of two law clerks and a secretary. He needed more room and found this really great space with high ceilings, lots of windows, wide pine floors and much more usable space than his old office.
Also, on Saturday we hosted Grace's birthday party at the Hampton Inn in Freeport. She wanted a pool party for this birthday which broke the streak of My Gym birthdays. She had a great time with all of her friends (about 15 kids).
Then Sunday, we went to the 10 a.m. Easter service at our church. (I couldn't think about getting up for the sunrise or 8:00 a.m. service). Mom, Dad, Rose, Ellen and Mary and Jerry Maschino joined us for Easter dinner. We had lamb and a roast, green bean casserole, glazed carrots, mashed potatoes, asparagus, wild rice casserole, rolls from MacDonald's bakery, whoopie pies from Isamax, and a bunny cake that Mom and Gracie P made. We had such a lovely dinner and great conversations with our friends.
WHEW! I am exhausted with just the retelling.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home