The Lechner Family

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Where have we gone wrong?

We were watching Dancing with the Stars last night (shut up, we like it) and Henry Winkler was brought on to provide some encouragement for the struggling Marlee Matlin. Both Lek and I thought that he was the perfect choice. After all, who wouldn't want The Fonz to come in and motivate you. I wish he had a hotline.

So there we were, snuggled in bed with popcorn, nostalgic with thoughts of The Fonz and generally giddy about the wonderful surprises television gives us when Grace drops a bombshell. She innocently inquires "Who's The Fonz?" I knew then that while we were providing her with some cultural enrichment through such fantastic offerings as Dancing with the Stars, we had been failing her in other areas. We tried to convey the true greatness of Fonzie but were unsuccessful. She then proceeded to call him "Fuzzy," cracking herself up more each time she said it. We may need a Happy Days intervention.

1 Comments:

  • What a bizarre coincidence -- just tonight I was talking about the episode of "Happy Days" where the Fonz's geeky cousin sets a record for catching quarters off his elbow! The people I was with had no memory of this episode, even when I demonstrated the quarter-off-the-elbow trick (or tried to).

    Sigh...

    By Blogger Ellen Clair Lamb, At 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home